Tuesday 25 March 2014

Something green !






  Finally, spring is coming. We can even find flowers in some gardens but I’m still waiting for fresh vegetables. I decided to eat radish germs but it was too hard to digest for my stomach. Are frozen vegetables like broccolis, cauliflowers or carrots better solution? Let’s check it! Today I cooked broccoli soup and… it was very easy and tasty!

You will need:
  • About 750 grams of broccoli
  • 1 litre of water
  • 1 bouillon cube
  • sour cream
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • salt, pepper, sweet paprika, sugar, thyme
  • bread
  • 1 table spoon of olive oil
Directions:
When you use frozen broccolis, put them into a  medium pot with boiling water and after 2 minutes strain them. Then put 1 litre of water into a pot one more time and add broccolis, bouillon cube, garlic and salt. You can add also vegetables like carrot or potato if you like. Cover with a lid. Cook the soup on a medium heat until soft (about 20 minutes or more if you decided to use also carrots or potatoes). Carefully transfer the broccoli soup to a blender and blitz until it will be smooth. Season with the black pepper, sweet paprika, salt and sugar.

Croutons:
Cut bread into small cubes and put into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, thyme, sweet paprika and shake it well. Put cubes into a hot pan and fry until crispy and golden brown.

Serve hot soup with sour cream and croutons.


1 comment:

  1. To be honest with you it doesn't look good ;DD, I mean you served it beautifully but this green colour brrrh, now my thoughts go back to the times when I was 7 and my mother wanted me to eat soups like this.

    But after all I can imagine taste of this broccoli soup and maybe one day I will try it too :))

    ReplyDelete