Thursday 1 January 2015

Dumplings with onion, potatoes and white cheese




I was always thinking that preparing good dumplings is one of the most difficult things in cuisine. I’ve changed my mind when I found this recipe. I’ve prepared dumplings with onion, potatoes and white cheese for Christmas and my family loved it. You will need as follows.

For filling:
250g of white cheese
1 chopped onion
0,5kg of cooked, mashed potatoes
Salt, pepper
1 tea-spoon of butter

For dough:
300g of flour
200ml of hot water

Put the pan over a medium heat. Add one tea-spoon of butter and chopped onion. Cook until translucent. Mix mashed potatoes, onion and cheese with spices. Than the filling is ready.
Put flour and water into a bowl and mix with a large spoon. Knead the dough with your hands until smooth. Divide the dough in half and roll out the first part until 3mm thickness. Cut into rounds with a cup. Place one tea-spoon of filling into the centre of each round. Press edges of each round together. Continue with the second part of dough. Cook dumplings in boiling salted water during 3-4 minutes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment